WELCOME TO MY DOMAIN...


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Virtual Classroom

Dean Deogracia Valderama speaking about The Pathway to Quality Education.

Mr. Jun Formosa, RN of UP-PGH discussing the Course Syllabus for Nursing Informatics.



Last June of this year, I attended a seminar on Nursing Informatics in UP Diliman. This is a NEW course in the NEW Nursing Curriculum. Prior to this "obligation", I was told by my Dean to make a prototype Course Syllabus of the said course a year before the implementation of the subject for the school year. She even gave me the book Essentials of Nursing Informatics as a gift during my Graduate Studies graduation (talking about conspiracy!).


Anyway, the seminar-workshop talked about incorporating information technology in the profession of Nursing. Since I am in the academe, this is very significant in the students' learning process. I can say that I have moderate knowledge in computers and my skills are well, quite tolerable (my students are even more techie than me). I use power point presentations in my lectures and utilize several applications and sites in the delivery of my lessons since students now a days are very visual. They learn much on seeing things, much more on moving objects, than reading a very lengthy discussion on subject matters that sometimes takes away their enthusiasm.


Lately, I learned to make online tests and encouraged my students to participate on this as their review for the Finals examination. Another techie achievement for me is I opened a website for my classes - my virtual classroom. I started constructing this last September but due to some other tasks, I have not updated it much. Last night, I really took time to enhance and make it student-friendly for my students. I am hoping that this will  be more functional by the opening of the Second Semester.


Technology can sometimes be scary because every thing changes in just a matter of days. But the only way to handle this change is to adapt and learn the essentials. 


Visit:
My Virtual Classroom
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. woah!!!you have such a nice Blog ma'am! :) you have a lot of expertise!your just like an SEO expert...hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's my passion..You may follow this blog, if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...i like your blog ma'am..it seems that this kind of stuff is very easy for you... hehe.. im your number one fan in this site..haha.. THUMBS UP!

    ReplyDelete